Ever noticed the steps a physician follows at your regular health check up. The first thing they notice is the health of your nails. Brittle or fragile nails which break easily are a sign of a problem. They are prone to breaking and might also have ridges and white spots on them. These certainly hamper the looks of your well manicured hands. Such nails are a common sight for many for us. They are an indicator there is a vitamin and mineral deficiency in the body. These deficit nutrients also affect the growth of your nails badly.
Beautify your nails carefully So many options are available nowadays to beautify your nails (like nail paints, French manicures, acrylic nails). You can opt for any as per your mood; desire and demand of the occasion but the foremost thing to consider would definitely be the condition of your nails. Fragile nails prone to cracking, flaking and splitting would set your mood low. You can certainly mask the white spots with nail paints but the original luster and shine of healthy nails have their own beauty. Following certain simple and easy steps to take care of your nails is definitely what is needed. These key steps would help you keep your nails healthy all the year round and you need not fear from choosing any nail art to complement you dress next time you visit a party.
If you are in a habit of using nail paints more frequently. Be sure to use good quality products and an acetone free remover. Acetone generally causes dehydration of the cuticles and thus over use can give you fragile nails.
Tips for healthy nails
• A simple solution to the above problem is checking on the dietary deficiencies. Consuming diet rich in vitamins and minerals promotes growth of healthy, strong and shiny nails without any spots or ridges.
• Clip your nails regularly. These are the dead cells of your body and grow at a certain pace. With time when newer layers get added they push back the cuticles to make the nail bed week.
• While being conscious to consume a vitamin rich diet, also make sure to consume lots of water. Hydrated cuticles are responsible for making your nails strong.
• To keep your cuticles hydrated, massage a little amount of vitamin E oil or some hydrating lotion daily twice or three times.
• Certain yoga exercises help improve blood circulation and strengthen the nervous system. These have also been found helpful in overcoming the problem of fragile nails.
• Nail biting is a big NO for everybody.
• Use nail care products like GoNails Nail Growth lotion. Such products have specific ingredients like vitamin E extracts and other chemical components which stimulate the growth of stronger nails and cuticles.
• Get a manicure and pedicure done at intervals of about 3 to 4 weeks. This helps remove all the accumulated debris and dead skin in and around the nails.
Naomi Andrews is a skin care expert from Hawaii. She has been involved in performing many cosmetic and make up procedures, to assist her clients in nail care. Through her professional carrier, she has come across and worked with a lot of wonderful products like Obagi, Pure Fiji and many others.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com