Mary Kay Cosmetics was created by a woman named Mary Kay Ash in 1963. Her vision was to help other women find success on their own terms, empowering them to aspire to greater works and greater efforts; enabling them to obtain opportunities she had been denied in the business world of “The Good Ole Boys Club.” She envisioned a company in which any woman could become just as successful as she wanted to become; as long as she was willing to pay the price, while having the courage and fortitude to dream.
Mary Kay Cosmetics World Headquarters is located in the town of Addison, a suburb of Dallas, Texas, in the United States of America. It’s wholesale market generates $2.5 billion in sales annually. Her products are sold in more than 35 markets worldwide which enables an independent sales force to boast of over 2 million members. Her newest global markets have opened up in:
India (2007), Singapore (2009) and Armenia (2010).
Skin care, makeup, body care, fragrances:
1. Her Promise is that she would only develop products with the highest quality and integrity by using the most advanced skin care technology available to make sure that consumers get what they want; (innovative products they can believe in, at a price they can afford).
2. Mary Kay Cosmetics does not support animal testing; and for more than two decades,she has been a leader in the global community for alternate methods of testing for product safety.
Advanced skin care line which includes:
• moisturizer, lip & eye care
• specific needs care.
Her Make up line consists of:
• eye; lip; cheek, foundations;
• concealers; powders;
• compact applicators;
• facial highlighting pens; and travel roll-up bags.
Body and Nail Care line consists of:
• Nail polish, nail color, nail tools and applications.
• Body & Sun care with a “spa like” quality.
•Perfumes and fragrances for Men and Women
Compensation Plan, Company Training, Support, & Rewards:
An Independent Beauty consultant ( also known as an Independent Contractor) can earn up to 50 % on every thing they sell of the suggested retail price. Mary Kay Cosmetics offers you four different arena’s to sell her products, such as:
1. ONLINE: ( offering online training sessions which includes: selling tips, virtual makeovers and application techniques which allows you to play with colors and create custom looks for “virtual practice”)
2. ON THE GO: Which gives you the opportunity to hand out the quarterly catalog or have the Company mail it on your behalf which includes exclusive product samples inside.
3. IN PERSON: You bring the make-up counter to the customer giving them the opportunity to “try before they buy”.
4. A PARTY HOSTED BY YOU OR SOMEONE ELSE: This gives your customers the opportunity to learn new techniques for applying make-up with expert advice.
The rewards for being an Independent Consultant may be, perhaps, a very luxurious experience. For instance, a stay at home mom selling these products can earn a brand-new car, or a travel trip to exotic places around the world, or she could be lavished with royalty gifts such as: a state- of- the- art television or jewelry box for gorgeous diamond rings or pendants she has earned… Her motto is “If you can dream it, you can earn it”. In my opinion, Mary Kay Cosmetics are conceivably a very nice “limited part-time income” for women with a lot of time on their hands. I do not believe it would be a “user-friendly business” for stay at home moms. It appears to have many drawbacks and obstacles to overcome before realizing a real Profit Margin.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com